12/10/2013

Workout Tuesday

WOT (Workout Tuesday or Workout of Today): 2x(1500m, 1000m, 500m) + 1000m + 2x500m with 2min. rbr.

Today I had another opportunity to run with the Turku Sports Academy's guys. Even if they are way faster than me (a 41-year old old fart), running behind them is a learning process. To my body that is. This engine is covered with so many layers of rust. Yes, I know that my PRs are already done, but the holy request for finding a way to run faster one more time is putting me into these situations.

The main take home message from today's workout is that without running fast, you will not generate any progress. If the last time when you have ran anything faster, is from last March, do not expect anything magical to happen on track in December.

Even if I missed the first two repeats due to bad schedule at work, I felt my limits quite vividly during the entire workout. Can I have some more, please?

No comments: