12/28/2013

And then...

All is good. A short period of flu with no fever took 2 days off but other than that I've been rolling steadily. Pace is awful. Two weeks ago I ran our monthly test run and did actually stopped running at 5K mark. However, I saw the faces of persons who did appreciate my efforts back in the day and I just couldn't let them down. So I jumped back on the course and ran back, but it was awfully slow and painful. Then I decided to stop running for good.

Luckily, on the next Sunday morning I found myself running a long run and I was back on the track.

Next Tuesday after this sad event (retiring, not the long run) I was again running hard with the Turku Area's Sports Academy's young crew. This usually means that I'm following them from the distance. Far from the distance. But no matter what this is the way to push my current limits further and further. This time the workout was 2x3.1K + 1x3.5K with acclerating pace. Total fun.

The current week will be the first week since 1000 years when I will hit 62 miles. Happy happy joy joy.

No comments: