8/27/2012

Ironwoman and an adventure race

Sweetie's Ironman was a huge success. She broke the plan by 55 minutes and finished with a time of 10:35. Thereafter, during the week I had to join the local triathlon club and decided that I will relearn to swim.

I was able to return to training routine only on Thursday when I did 15 km tempo run at HRM moderated pace. It went really well and felt even better.

On Saturday I participated in an adventure race with Mr. Saarinen. It was a blast even if I killed my Samsumg Galaxy during the first quest checkpoint comprising crossing a lake by swimming and pushing the bikes on a raft. I had in a sealable plastic bag but the bag was not sealed.

The race itself was almost 6 hrs long since after a succesfull orienteering leg we started biking like maniacs but on a wrong road. That caused us an extra 12 km out and back which equals (according to Garmin) 28 minutes. Moreover that excessive biking enhanced the energy deprivation which finally hit me around 4.5 hrs - half an hour before the last leg of the race. First cramps arrived already around 3 hrs.

Today legs were still totally done. Life is good.

No comments: