4/23/2012

The day I tried to be a timberjack

I have had easier ways to spend my Saturdays than by doing the activity I got involved last Saturday. We spent about 4.5 hours in woods lifting and dragging logs in piles. Dude, that's serious business with these muscles... Btw. at the same time real runners were running at HM nationals in Kuopio.

Running-wise I have got mentally over of all the disappointments (DNS at WMAs and DNS at Karhu-viesti) and been able to turn my eyes to the future. After spending Saturday as described I was hurting like hell yesterday (and still today, too). Still, I was able crank myself on the road in order to race yesterday. The forecast was quite clear already during WU - total meltdown. During the strides my legs started aching because of high concentration of lactid acid in my body because of Saturday's "cross-fit" exercise.

At the race I was able to run according to any decent racing plan about 1.5 kms and thereafter legs were just shutting down. I didn't fall so much behind of my current shape but there have been easier ways to prove that. One thing becomes clearer and clearer... I'm getting faster in getting slower.

No comments: