4/12/2012

Road relay

The legendary Finnish road relay, Karhu-viesti, is around the corner. Our club was almost able to have two male teams in addition to our female team. We were supposed to have two Kenyans running for us, but another one of them is racing for a spot on their olympic team in 10000m. That's fair enough, right? Have a great race, Lewis. Anyway, our club is back in business after couple years's streak of absence.

After missing my chances to race at WCs, I was able to reach the starting line in Somero on Monday. This low-key race was somewhere between 6.8 to 7k. Two national team -level milers and one machine-like ultra runner took the podiums, but I just was happy to be around. Now I sincerely hope that we get our logistics working fine, and even I would also be able to race next Saturday.

[edit:] No relay race for me. I'll be handling the logistics for female's team.

No comments: