6/27/2011

Life after Mid-Summer

Nowadays when I'm not racing on track anymore, the Mid Summer is more relaxed and fulfilling (=lots of eating). Do you think that I'd have anything to complain about with this.

If I had a kick-ass start for last week, the rest of the week was busy at work, hurting my hamstring, but giving me a chance to run a moderate tempo run on early Thursday morning. Yes, this week was an ez one.

On Friday I ran with Jukka for 13 miles (6:50s) somewhere in the middle of nowhere. It was the first run for ages that didn't suck at all. Maybe running alone is not my thing? On Saturday I ate and biked 30+ miles in the evening. On Sunday I rode w/ sweetie for 50 miles which means that I skipped running on both days. That's how I roll these days. Last night, instead of running, I found myself in Helsinki in front the stage of Foo Fighters.

This weekend meant that I have now 3 months to prepare for Berlin. The current situation is to some degree worse than I planned. Hamstring/glute issue is still on and I'm supposed to focus my training more on distance now. Let's what comes up. Any guesses?

Plan for week 1:
M: Ez
T: Ez
W: 4x2km'1km @ HMP
T: Ez
F: Ez
S: Long run 16 miles w/ 5 miles @ MP
S: Bike

Oh and Darby: Yes for Pepsi Max!

No comments: