4/25/2011

Season opener

A race day. The first since last May!

Running most of my runs in low temperatures (30-35F) was the best preparation for today. Today was easily the best on this Spring (70s). Awesome. What a wonderful day to start new season and at the same time run your first hard tempo run since last year's May!!! I even got the farmer's tan!

The run itself wasn't that fast (it was actually little slower than expected), but was a great reality check. The tempo run was 4.47 miles (@ 5.48) (which of course doesn't make Mark at all scared; maybe it makes him laughing aloud and then cry). Last week was 65 miles which was about 15 miles more than I have ran during the best weeks after the surgery. At the same time this was the first week in which I chose to run 7 days in a row (+ two bike rides). So I was pretty done already during the warm-up and my new buddy, sunshine, wasn't helping my physical state at all. After analyzing my legs today, I think that I'm eating too huge pile of... so I gotta reframe my act. Sooner, the better. I still have eight weeks to improve the base before the hell (marathon training) breaks loose. But THIS IS AWESOME!

2 comments:

Busch Light said...

Still laughing!!!

I can't believe it got into the 70s there! That's crazy! It's been warm here the past few days (80s). I'm going to base build thru May and then hit it hard. Keep on trucking, miss ya!

Ste said...

Will do. And thanks for sharing your schedule. I gotta take care of my plans anytime soon.