1/13/2011

Weird week

This week I've reached the most productive state at work. I'm delivering research papers and results like a badass. That's weird. Maybe it's because of the running conditions are the worst ever (no, the real reason is that I just had 3 weeks of vacation). After two days of rain roads turned into a icy layer a.k.a achilles killer.

Still, on Tuesday I ran my first run (after the surgery) with decent grip even if roads were close to unrunable. Our backyard provides (in addition to Paavo Nurmi Stadium) a trail (about 0.9 miles long) which is maintained in excellent shape for walking and running through the winter. Due to the fact that I wasn't running on snow/ice/their combination, the achilles felt pretty weird. Moreover, I postponed alternating skiing days and did some core workouts instead. That's okay since xc skiing sucks and it especially sucks if you have to ski on ice.

Today I ran in the evening after traveling to Tampere and back. Just out of curiosity I took HRM with me and was amazed by how off my engine really is. But it will be humming again. Oh and an update: I have lost 3.3 pounds.

No comments: