7/14/2010

Wednesday morning

Yesterday afternoon I had time only for 50+ km ride which was very needed and fun, accordingly.

Last night was a good preparation for the sleeping habits that probably will take place in the following few months. This time the reasons were less human-related: It was too warm and humid (we don't have AC) and just after I fell asleep a huge grasshopper paid a visit (we live on the sixth floor) on my chest.

Other than that I was dreaming about trail races. Even if my legs (especially the left one) are still out-of-order, I had to hit the trails after waking up. What a joy! Jumping over the rocks, grinding on paths of pine needles, up-/downhills... I'm so out of shape that Mt. Nasty would crush me in pieces just by looking at me.

Todays positive note is that I encountered squirrels, a fox and three ravens - those melodious black rulers of the woods - even if Finnish wild-life is not as visible as in Maryland. Thus, I was able to enjoy the run, albeit the pace was very slow and butt started to hurt again after exiting the woods. Stupid hamstring.

No comments: