7/17/2010

Another 3 days close to the edge

On Thursday morning I had an appointment with a massage therapist. It hurt a lot - of course. And I mean A LOT! After whining like Mark's left shoe I thought that it would a route to better times (running-wise). Little did I know. Accordingly, Thursday evening was dedicated to stretching and Friday morning I woke up to do some core training.

Friday afternoon/evening I drove to my parents to help them cleaning their places. Before pretending Mr. Proper I hauled my sorry ass on old trails back home. I ran in a tunnel of pure pain, but enjoyed every moment. After I exiting the woods I checked my pace (with continuing the same effort) and it turned out to be decent for my current shape (sub 6.20s).

Today I met my old acquaintance (Trek) and rode for 55 (or so) miles in the countryside. Somehow this song was playing in my head.

Best foods for runners by Matt Fitzgerald.

[Sunday's update:] I'm going to take it ez today and I'm pretty excited to watch TdF since my nephew is by the course about 2 km before todays finish. Nice!

No comments: