7/02/2010

Fire up the engines

My buddy, Mark B, kindly reminded me that Berlin is getting closer. Thanks, man, like I wouldn't already know that... Hah. Yesterday I was supposed to do my first faster paced workout after 7-8 weeks' straight of DNR-days. But what do you know... I didn't have any guts to do that. Dudes, I'm wimp!

This morning I gathered up the remains of my tiny self-esteem and faced my demons on a street to nowhere. After 2 miles WU I did 4x3min with 2 min easy jog. The "on"-pace was way better than I expected (@5.45-5.50s), but in all legs felt awful. After the reps my thighs just shut down and the CD was pretty slow. Next run will be on Sunday when it's time for a tempo run.

And what comes to the injury -- I can still feel the remains of the pain in the hamstring. Accordingly, I sent an email to my doctor to get a second opinion on what to do with that.

Other than that.... I'm going to be ready for our next race, Mark!

No comments: