9/12/2009

Undecided

After two easy days legs are mysteriously heavy. This is partly expected and partly new experience. I vaguely remember that easy days did make your legs feel light, not heavy. Too many easy days made them heavy, yes, but not only this fast. Aging is learning???

I originally planned to race the RM Invitational 5000m in Baltimore today, but after all I wasn't ready to face my demons on track. I'm such a wuss. Sorry Ryan! Anyway I need some faster effort to wake up, and I noticed Police Pace 5k which takes place tomorrow. Maybe I gotta try that one. At least the paths are now enough slippery so I can hurt my body even more.

1 comment:

RM said...

Pekka - no worries dude, we'll hold the race again next year and it will be the RM Classic because I hope to be racing again by then.

Tear up Police Pace, that's one I always like doing if I can. It was the first road race I did when I moved (back) to Maryland in 2005, and it was short at probably 2.9 miles. And I still ran slow.