8/18/2009

Workout Tuesday

It's only couple of hours until men's steeple final starts. Go Jukka!!!! [edit: Jukka was 8th with 8.14 - second best time ever in the fastest final ever... Ezekiel Kemboi 8.00,43]

Despite of that I found myself again on track at 6:30 AM. I planned to do 6x1000m ~3.15, but since I ran them slightly too fast (3.12-3.06) I did only five repeats - with rendo effort. The reason for not running the last repeat was that I wasn't willing to tweak my hamstrings. First, of course, I was suprised that am I really that wise that I'm thinking ahead. Then I was disappointed, but almost instantly remembered that Dieter Baumann also quitted his workouts "early" if he ran his repeats too fast. Well, he also had much more
powerful toothpaste than I'm using...

2 comments:

KLIM said...

P - what is your next race and what is your long term running goal? Curious minds want to know...

Ste said...

Next race is yet undecided. If nothing else before, then the next race is in Philly (PDR).

Long term goal has changed from "sub 2.20 marathon" to "back to sub 2.30 shape" and then to "happy to finish that darn distance". In reality I'd be very happy to once more hit under 70min in HM. =)