3/11/2009

In the middle of the week

We sneaked out for an easy morning shake out and rolled 4+ miles. The weather is again starting to warm up. Accordingly, birds are singing already at this time even if mornings are still pretty dark due to last weekend's offical time adjustments... For this evening I have scheduled .... the usual group run. Today I gotta be careful with the pace.

I managed to get an appointment with PT for tomorrow. Hopefully he has some tricks for me as well. Then we have that 5k in B-more coming up on Sunday. I had high expectations for that race but the present situation with these hamstrings keeps my hopes down or at least lowers the expectations. But on Monday I'm flying to Flagstaff, AZ, to meet the some of the elite Finnish distance runners.

In the afternoon/evening I felt awesome. No hamstring on my way, laptop back alive, 66 F, and notice on the forthcoming NIN gig (6/9) at Merriweather Post Pavillion(!!!). I enjoyed this group run the most I have ever done. We had a big group and pace was somewhat progressive (in all it was some 6.50s). During the last couple of kms I ran easily at the marathon pace. That wasn't the case yesterday morning...

Today's top link.

No comments: