12/04/2012

Instant payback

Since Wednesday's workout went so well, I kinda lost it. Again.

On Thursday I found a route that provided tailwind for 6.2 miles. So I flew fast instead of running easy. Fortunately, achilles was still silent.

On Friday I was invited to run a little faster 5km indoors. Since the indoor track has tilted curves, the prognosis for "there there" status of my right achilles had bad news written all over it. But I had so eagerly waited for getting back at it and I didn't want to pay attention...

The outcome was that Saturday's easy run was easy basically due to the severe pain in achilles and in the calf. When I returned from this sad run, I did all I could to make the pain go away. And that really worked! On Sunday's long run I didn't feel a thing.

Yesterday I realized how tough I once was. I ran WU+6km Tempo+CD in 6F weather. And based on how I felt afterwards, I think that it was the maximum. I vaguely remember that I rolled 6-9 miles much faster in much colder conditions. But now is now and on Friday I'm 40.

No comments: