10/02/2012

Aeroplanes, vultures and cold water

Last week went pretty fast. On Wednesday the plan was to run 16x400m'200m, but muggy weather and aching right calf reframed the plan into 12x400m. The pace was moderate since I still could feel Philly and Clarendon 5k in my legs/guts. And of course I had one more race coming up.

Sunday's race was adjusted for an easy Bagel run and easy hike at Sugarloaf Mountain. Accordingly, legs were just hollow before the race, but at least they were not hurting. I aimed at sub 22 and finished with 21:50 so I'm quite happy the result. Even if I ended to be 2nd in my AG I was awared with a Furthest Runner Award since no one else had to travel over 4800 miles to run this race (it's only 3800 miles to Morocco).

After all, Sunday's race is my last race in the US before the next. After the race we had a nice brunch at Werner's place. So this is the right time say thanks to everyone for making our stay again a nice experience. See you soon (let's say on Wednesday...).

No comments: