9/25/2012

Weekend's race and sore gluteus

On Saturday we traveled to Claredon, VA in order to race a 5 k (sweetie did a 10k, first faster run after Ironman). The course of that race has to be illegal in terms of getting WR under your belt but still I wasn't able to perform as fast as I wanted to. I finished at 16:41. To be honest after 4k I wasn't at all sure that I'm able to finish the race by running. The first 3k (9:26) were faster than my legs could handle and I started to pay the dues almost immediately thereafter...

On Sunday and yesterday I found myself running on trails which was a nice option for running on concrete. My legs are still hurting for speeding on Saturday. Next up is a Workout Wednesday with HCS crew and then a 4 miler on Sunday.

1 comment:

Busch Light said...

10:11 would probably be a 2 mile PR for me!