11/19/2011

Hello Baby Jogger

Ok. On Wednesday, even if I was promising to myself to be a runner, I skipped everything else than eating junk food. As a remorse I was up and go at 6 AM on Thursday. I was punishing the asphalt by running 5x3min'2min. The pace was slightly slower than the last time but it was mentally pretty rewarding to find myself in that situation.

Yesterday sweetie left to Boston for a research conference which means that Lil' D is joining me in my workouts. On the other hand, this means more easy runs than any actual workouts. I take that as a positive period between tough weeks. I hope that my legs will thank me later.

Yesterday my colleague at work browsed my old training logs. He noticed (and made me realize) an important fact. I'm not running enough easy nor enough fast paces anymore (at least the amount is much less nowadays). After learning some American tricks I seem to have lost my old edge. However, in American terms I run too slow my easy and long runs, and in Finnish terms I do the opposite. Does my own feeling count in this equation? Well, in all I gotta get my act together what comes to running fast. But before that I will be jogging with my son without paying any attetion to the pace.

I just run.

1 comment:

Sharon Smith said...

Great post!
I remember attending a baby shower (I believe you were there) where we played the baby food guessing game, except there were vegans there who were less than impressed when they were tricked into eating the turkey mush. Know your audience. For read more visit Here! Thanks!