3/05/2011

The plan

For the next couple weeks roads will be a slippery mess here but it's only mandatory before the Spring and open roads are here. Especially in the mornings the grip is unbearable. Thus, jumping on the treadmill was an easy choice for today's steady state run. I ran a 5 miler (@ 6.14) which was just according to the plan (improving 15 secs from last week).

Oh, the plan hasn't yet been introduced here. It's not any rocket science but a simple idea of reaching various steps before the ultimate goal. Now I have reached my all time low and I'm older than before so the humble plan is to start from the bottom (check), achieve 36 minutes at 6 miler, then proceed to 34 and 32 minutes. During this progression my engine will be modified to endure Berlin Marathon in September. Currently, I'm just happy if I'm able to start and finish that one. Oh and the whole basis of this plan is to Run by Feel.

No comments: