12/30/2010

Out-of-shape dude commented: "Achilles is getting better"

Without a clear target it's a task to motive yourself. Although I'm happy with the current steady state of alternating days of skiing and running I'm soon ready for more (this week I've run 10 miles and skied about 13 miles). Luckily, the recovery is still in progress so I have to keep myself patient for couple weeks. And the best thing is that the operated achilles is silent and co-operative. Well, yesterday after running and walking a bit it began aching, but a little dose of ice eased that pain.

This far I can confess that I'm totally out of shape. The tiny amount of xc skiing hasn't helped me much and the last decent bike ride is from early September. Running feels so heavy now but to find a reason for that doesn't require a degree in rocket science: After returning from the US I weighed 140 and now the scale shows almost 150. That sucks, but eating is too fun!

Tomorrow I'll have to review the year 2010. I have a gut feeling that it wasn't the best athletic year of my life.

No comments: