11/15/2010

First run

Today: 3 miles @ 8.00 pace. 

At first the achilles was a little too stiff, but I decided to give a try and run (the whole) 3 miles. After 1k striding started to feel easier, but left leg felt still relatively stiff. At the traffic lights around 1.5 miles I had a exclusive chance to do some stretching which - of course - helped. Then I conquered some mud, cold water, more mud and many many cyclists with no lights. And I was the only one smiling in the cold dark evening. To make it clear - it didn't suck.

It's a long long way to travel (and wishes that the old glute/hamstring pain is gone) before I'm back. But I think that there's a chance. Nice.

3 comments:

RM said...

Steady wins the race. I won't say slow because, you're not slow, and don't have the ability to run slow. The most important thing is being able to run without pain, or, that the pain doesn't get worse because you're running.

I'm concerned that as our winter approaches, it may curtail my own running because my knee hurts a thousand times worse in the cold. Fortunately I have two other sports I can do inside during the winter to keep fitness rolling.

Keep your fitness up and you'll be A-Okay!

moguli said...

Rock'n'roll!!! There is plenty of time before Berlin. Patience Pal!

Ste said...

Thanks guys. RM: luckily you are not having our winter time over there... Hopefully, you knee will cooperate through the next months and of course thereafter!!!