11/06/2010

At last

After winning a 5 day long but uneven battle with sore throat and cold I returned to the more or less continuous streak of core training. In order to keep things interesting, I walked with Lil' D and sweetie for 45 minutes on Wed and on Thu I repeated that and added 15 minutes.

But today I walked to the indoor track, changed my shoes and gear and RAN. Well, I ran and walked, but still this is the start. I did 200, 400, 800, 400, 400 and 200 meters (@ extremely easy pace and smile on my face) with walking rest of 200 meters. Achilles is darn stiff but it's not hurting. In order to get some sweat going I spent 20 minutes on Concept2 (a rowing machine). Now I gotta remember the baby steps. Luckily, the stiffness will keep me alert (I hope). I'm still far from decent running streak, but it's a start.

What a fun morning! 

Marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon, marathon and Grapevine!

No comments: