4/03/2010

A blind date gone bad

I woke up in Tallinn, Estonia. Again. The workout "plan" said a tempo run (T pace). After setting up my Garmin I was ready to go. I headed South in order to find my way to a lake close by. There I was going to start and finish my run. Everything looked fine from Google maps. But the less artifical reality showed me after 500m's tempo effort that there was no way to get over the gate (and high fence) to the "lake road". Instead I found myself running among plenty of cars on a highway which could be characterized as a crossover of Route 29 and I-95.

The shoulder was wet and muddy and cars did not appreciate my presence too much. Luckily, after 2 miles I noticed a paved cycle path on the other side of the highway which eased my anxiety a bit. I was so happy meet that after the rough start...

No comments: