2/05/2010

If it barks, it doesn't bite, right?

Some street close to seashore, Tallinn 5:23 AM:
I'm running through silent hoods. Really silent. I can hear my strides on this slippery street.

Same street, Tallinn 5:26 AM:
I hear some barking from the distance.

Still the same street, Tallinn 5:27.38 AM:
A barking bloodhound look-a-like leaps over a tiny fence on my left. I see some fur, teeth, and fireish saliva engine approaching me pretty fast. I decisively continue my strides. I notice that the huge snout of an angry German shepherd is locking itself after it missed my calf muscle. All of a sudden, I realize that this may not be a joke. Another attack coming from the right. High knee! Hit! Now even angrier nutcase dog realizes that I'm not giving up that easy. But still I decide to turn around. My new less-friendly running buddy is attacking again. I express my feelings aloud with non-decent Finnish. Another high knee! After I recalled a similar dog related occasion from 1991 somewhere in the southern Spain, I remember to keep my hands away from that teethful mouth. Fists ready. Third attack comes from behind. High heel! A hit. No barking yet, since now he/she is even angrier. Why it doesn't realize that I'm now running away from the earlier spot???

The same street, now moving to another direction, Tallin 5:28.28 AM:
I notice a gate to a park and approach it together with my new friend. Act fast! I leap over a pile snow, so does my friend, but he/she fells down on ice. My lucky day! I enter the gate and slam it instantly. Then I wait for no reason. Is my buddy preparing for a jump or not? No? Great! We say goodbye and I leave the premises with acclerating speed. I peek over my shoulder, and see only piles of snow. Heart rate is becoming steady. That's it.

Somewhere else, Tallinn 6:20 AM:
I approach my hotel. My new old friend is probably bullying someone else, I think. Then I realize that I'm hungry for some breakfast. It's nice to travel.

No comments: