11/14/2009

2nd last Bagel Run

Like on our first Bagel Run we were last by 1-2 minutes today. Catching others usually means way faster pace than one has wished for. Our first delay took place two years ago. But today we knew a shortcut which eased our "pain". We saw Carlos passing the horizon just before hitting the street after making the shortcut. Then after awhile I was running with a huge group (Carlos, Tom, Bob, Mark, Stephen, Seth, Shawn, Adam, and somebody). The pace was pretty moderate, so I got to enjoy my second last Bagel Run in the US (as far as we know our future at the moment) in a nice athmosphere. Carlos, Mark and I ran 13 miler which was just enough for me. Of course these darn hamstrings died during the last mile, and sitting/standing have been pretty painful activities during the afternoon. That also means that I won't run any races tomorrow. So I'll just concentrate on our farewell party. 

After the run we gathered to Bagel Bin and chatted there for some moments. Good memory. Thanks guys!

No comments: