7/29/2009

Wet Wednesday

What is wrong with this weather? When you open the door it's like entering a mouth of a cow. Well, I haven't yet been inside one, but I let myself assume that the general feeling would rather similar. After a morning jog of 4+ miles in the middle of this standstill weather I recalled a valuable lesson: NEVER enter a sauna, if it is not yet ready for having a sauna. Under other than optimal conditions (194-212F) the feeling would be quite close to sitting inside cow's mouth. And that is not refreshing at all.

Trust me on this one.

In the evening I'm heading to trails with guys. Mt. Nasty is waiting...

And she is still waiting. We chose to run the CCBC loop. After we came back to the finish (I had a hard run due to gastrointestinal problems) one of us was missing. So I had an opportunity to run a little more. Luckily, he was found before the darkness arrived. Before my stomach started to punish me on behalf of Mt. Nasty I felt pretty good. Today's mileage: 18.

No comments: