3/03/2009

Workout Tuesday

Due to sudden change of weather and road conditions I was going to run today's tempo intervals/fartlek on treadmill in the afternoon. Just to get them done with some control. But luckily, I went with sweetie to check out the road around the Mall. She decided to do her fartlek over there, so why shouldn't I do the same, I thought. So I continued the warm-up with more serious mind and started to concentrate on the changed workout schedule. Not a big deal really, but little dramatization now and then won't hurt.

Original plan was to hammer 5*1 mile on treadmill, but I adjusted that to 5*5min. with 2 min. rest jog. Pace was around 5.44-5.20/mile which is slower than the original plan (5.20s), but it is just fine now. Due to wind I had to push the pace here and there. Still this morning was way better alternative than fighting with treadmill. In all, I ran 11+ miles. The downside at the moment is that hamstrings are again "expiring" pretty fast, muscle inflammation in the lower stomach is getting worse, and my left achilles is not healing anytime soon. Boston, where are you?


At the moment (3.30 PM) I'm again turning into my own worst enemy. Legs are done, overcooked, burned out, lost in the tight emptiness, but the fire inside eagers for a easy run. Only a short one. "Dude, the sun is shining and you can continue your tasks later. Just go..." But now I'm gonna fight back, fight against this addiction. I'm sissy, I'm loser, you name it, but I'm gonna be tough. This one goes to my hamstrings... do you hear me guys???

3 comments:

Rouva Raastaja said...

Serious concentration, indeed. The open air always beats treadmill.
s.

Ste said...

I didn't burble so much or did I? Isn't that serious or what???

Skylark said...

I agree but somehow my achilles thinks the opposite!