3/15/2009

St. Patricks 5km - Baltimore version

What a nice race in the center of Baltimore with 4.200 runners. I secretly hoped to run sub 16 minutes, but ended up with 16.05. I'm still a little happy with this result even if I shouldn't be. 16 minutes is nothing, but at this point it's ok. After all this was the fastest 5k that I have ran in the US. Run itself felt like an ordinary steady state pace without any extra gears available. Just like running a slightly faster workout. Today's result is coherent with the workouts done, and based on the CC's 10-miler I should have been only 10 seconds faster. So not a big disaster.

The course was insane - first half mile downhill and then basically flat streets. I was 5th overall, and GRC's Red Fox broke the magic 15 minutes (14.58) for the first time and won the whole race of course. Sweetie ran a PR by a minute! She is getting closer and closer...

Weekly total was only 69 miles. Next up - Flagstaff, AZ.

4 comments:

moguli said...

Great run, both of you! Rok, rok!

Ste said...

Thanks man.

Luca said...

Hallo Pekka!
grüße aus Mannheim...
soon again in Liddingö??
good run!!
so u are also a great bloger??
...did u see mine?
http://2-10-2008.blogspot.com/

ciao!!

Ste said...

Ciao Luca! Long time no see. I don't know about Lidingo this fall since we are still here in the US. But 2010!!!