12/14/2008

34... Jingling All the Way

It's tough. To realize over and over again that this may be it. 34.04 in 10k with 17. place. Well, I was able to race, so why complain. But 33.59 would have been much better... At least my result was 7 seconds faster than last year. In all, I was such a sissy today by sort of giving up the effort 5k during the next 3k. That does not help your race at all. But even if todays run was this slow, I'm confident that there is a progress going on. I gotta continue this present path for a couple more weeks and then I'm ready to... be a real club runner. However, as you may see even this slow time is not effortless for me (photo by Robert Jarrin).

Week 60 miles.

2 comments:

moguli said...

Good job P! Sub 34' next time. I'll never catch you up...

Ste said...

Thanks Moguli! Soon we gonna hit sub 32s, the new sad A-standard... Hopefully that is the lowest point of Finnish distance running??? Not us hitting 32s, but that A-standard thingy!