11/02/2013

The usual

Last two weeks have been busy. Pretty busy. The next week will continue that streak. Then it is time to fly over the US.

After the race two weeks ago, I had an easy week in running. WOW was 10x1min hills with JK. Funny anecdote from that morning is that I didn't check the temperature and thought that the weather was the same as a day before (21F, windy). But no, it was 50s and I was prepared to face much colder morning. On Saturday we have a busy day. By 11 o'clock both sweetie and I had a run and swim workout done. Then we were invited to a brunch and a celebration of Ile who had just conquered Ironman Kona. Thereafter I found myself in Helsinki at a meeting with a professor from the US. Regardless of high hopes Saturday's pace booster sucked pretty badly.

Next workout was again on early Wednesday morning. I met with JK and did a pyramid 1/2/3/4/3/2/1'2min. This generated aching muscles and this state of affairs was amplified by yesterday's hills + drills + flexibility + core training session (2.5hrs). Today's running effort was supposed to be easy but I chose to run 20 minutes pace booster. After a hard swim practice the outcome was not nice, but I did it.

No comments: