11/14/2013

Altitude is killing it

I arrived to SLC (UT) on Monday. For a work related trip. Luckily my collegaue is not an ordinary professor in terms of using time inefficienty. Thus, we have had time to go running. On Tuesday I almost fell on my knee due to simple fact that even an altitude of 1.500m took my breath away. Both visually and physically. After trying to make a short cut and actually after making that short cut there was no coming back to normal ez paced HR or breathing. Nice.

Then of course in order to punish my sea-level ass on Wednesday we drove to Park City (2000+m) for a run. The place was awesome, dirt trails, snowy mountains and silence. I was accompanied with Russ, an endurance machine, and he guided me through a nice 6 mile loop. Today, we went to the same spot as on Tuesday but this time I did a Mona Fartlek on a loop of no hills and only 1450 meters of altitude. The workout was pleasant but slightly heavier than back home. I know that this not really a high high altitude, but I can feel it. Especially I have to run uphill. It is really punishing effort.

And in addition, I traveled through at muscle therapy by Steve Zike here at SLC. Muscle knots suck.

I'm so happy for having these kinds of opportunities.

No comments: