4/30/2013

So not ready for the XC season (which lasts one week)

The night run was really nice experience. The course followed the river and the wind conditions were gentle. Before the race I promised to organize a elite car for a group of runners: they got they numbers from the car without standing in line and I offered them sports drink, energy gels and recovery drinks. 

My race was decent if you forget what happened between 6-9k. I had pretty bad stomach cramp during which I didn't have any means to keep up the pace (5.30s). Because of that a long waited sub 35 did not happen. Thereafter, on Sunday evening I found myself drafting a way faster triathlete on our headwindish way back to home on a 3 hour long ride. Without him I would have taken a taxi instead of riding those last windy 20 miles.

Next up is XC race on Sunday (10.25k) and a week after that I will set my eyes on the starting line of the XC Nationals. It's been a while, but this time it is going to be a dark, dirty place for me... More importantly, if you sum up these two occasions, you'll realize that in Finland the XC season lasts almost one week.

No comments: