9/17/2012

Rock'n'Roll Phidelphia

All of sudden the race weekend was here. On Saturday we drove down to Philly, had a lunch/dinner with a HCS crew and focused on Sunday's race. The weather was great as Jason promised and so the race was all about keeping the right pace during the first miles.

The final workout (3200'800+1600'400+4x400'200) on Tuesday with HCS guys was a success, but still I wasn't mentally so sure about how the run will go. So it was even more important to take it easy until the 10km was done. And this plan was well conducted - sort of. At 5k I was too fast, at 10k on the right pace and then at 15k slightly behind the plan. Fortunately, since we ran the course to the opposite direction in comparison to 2008 and 2009, the last 4 miles felt quite easy to complete after we turned away from the bridge. Keeping the pace up was a task, but when the finishing time was 1 second below my goal (1:17:00), I should be happy. And I am.

Mark PRd by over 3 minutes and closed 70 minutes and Carlos cut his PR by couple seconds. Moreover, I'm sure that Jorge ran a serious PR in addition to which Jason finished the race after running first the Reach the Beach relay. I might assume this to be a successful race weekend for us all.

2 comments:

Busch Light said...

You rocked it!!!

Ste said...

Hmmm... I lounged it. Rocking happens only when you break 70.