5/10/2012

Workout Wednesday and things

Last Sunday the whole family was racing. Lil' D tried to match 3 year old's pace and he did with a huge smile on his face. During the whole 40 meters journey. Then I ran a miserable XC race (6k, slooow with no hunger to punish) and thereafter sweetie ran 10k XC race. We won a crazy amount of bread, honey and more honey, since the local sponsors were (and have been) really supportive.

On Monday we had a strategy meeting outside the normal premises. Since I was pretty worn out in terms of running, I chose to bike there instead of travelling by bus. About 48 miles took only 2.5 hours which meant that my starting time (5:45) was bit too early. Tuesday's short jaunt was tired and painful but luckily on early Wednesday morning I met with J who was preparing for Sunday's XC nationals. We ran 5x850m'200m (@5:25-5:05)+ 5x100m'100m hills. This workout felt just awesome.

Initially I planned to participate in XC nationals but due to Sari's cousins wedding it won't be possible. I raced at the same location in 1994. If I recall correctly, the bus ride takes together 20 hours, so I'm okay that I don't have to do that just to realize blaablaablah.

Rock on!

2 comments:

Busch Light said...

Big congrats to Lil' D for this 40m run! I think he is going to have a boatload of potential down the road. Let's just hope Dad can still stand upright to give him some pointers!!!

Ste said...

Hahahaa