2/13/2012

Past 2 weeks

Training this far (now I'm in phase III) has been proceeded just fine. Since the amount of races and test runs is about zero, I have no reliable evidence on the progress itself. Current training schedule doesn't comprise too many fast, steady runs but instead I've been punishing the treadmill with 4xmile (@5.20) and 3x10min (@5:50-5:40) tempo repeats as well as with 40-45 minutes tempo run now and then. In between I have found myself running shorter intervals on indoor track.

What I know is that today my legs are pretty tired. During yesterday's long(ish ~13+ miles) run we got new snow plus the temperature was quite easy (32F instead of -10F), and accordingly it was bit slippery. Not icy slippery but just slippery. And this morning my legs just were dead. This means that the months of NOT doing any core nor myrtle training is finally paying dues.

Today's word: Slacker.

2 comments:

Busch Light said...

Sounds like you're ahead of me....for now!

Ste said...

Dude. You are running already with shorts and T-shirt. We are just on the verge getting close back to 30s and maybe some light rain which according to our standards means slippery roads for the next 2-3 weeks. So my progress will be slow.

You just have to be patient and count on steady progress over there. Maybe you can demolish my low confidence at A10???