11/26/2010

Party time

Achilles started creaking again last night. Maybe just because I didn't dance (at our University's pre-Xmas event).

Couple hours before this I met Dr. Orava for the first time after the surgery. He said that everything is pretty normal at this point - the swallen achilles, really stiff calf, my anxiety and some other features slow recovery. So, shouldn't be anything to worry about. He estimated that by the Xmas achilles might in better shape. I really hope that I can run when we arrive to the US.

Some hours before the appointment I was going to do some nordic skiing (yes, we already have snow). I woke up at 6 AM, geared up, drove to other side of the city (it's a small city) and was ready to roll at 6:30. But the loop was currently under construction and I HAD to drive back home and fall back to sleep since doc's appointment was at 9. At least I tried, right?

Since the achilles is now really bad I have to postpone skiing and gym for couple more days but at this phase of this sportish bankruptcy it doesn't matter so much.

No comments: