10/11/2010

Almost back at it

Saturday, Sunday and today I sneaked out for morning ride with Kona. It is NOT as fast as road bike but it provides all the things (lactic acid, sweat, fat burning: my weight gain has been insane due to minimal (no) changes in my diet) that I need currently.

At the same time I have to confess that achilles has recovered pretty well this far. It still feel a little stiff and after walking e.g. 3 miles it starts to ache. It's normal they say, but it bothers me a bit. Luckily, sweetie sends me out for a bike ride so that evens out the sharpest whining.


Yesterday, however, was tough mentally. I eagerly followed Chicago marathon and how Mark was on fire until he burnt himself (his legs cramped). I hope that we all manage ourselves to our little encounter in the streets of Berlin next September. I might keep up with his pace while doing the warm-up.

No comments: