9/16/2010

A new start back to running

Today I started building up my way back with series of strength and flexibility exercises. The latter comprised simply extensions and straigthening of toes and the ankle. Moving the ankle with stitches is a new thing for me and I'm a bit nervous about the tight feeling underneath the bandages. I'm not supposed to move the ankle more than 30 degrees till the stitches are removed on Sept 24th.

Strengthening exercises are also pretty simple and thus less demanding:
  • 3x20 (reps) straight knee extensions with "locked knee", a pillow under the thight
  • 3x20 knee extensions with "locked knee" toes straight up
  • 3x20 knee extensions with "locked knee" toes flipped outward
  • 3x20 knee extensions with "locked knee" toes flipped inward
  • 3x20 leg abduction in sidelying 
+ some traditional bits:
  • 3x50 ab crunches with an exercise ball
  • 3x50 glute crunches
  • 3x30 push-ups
  • 3x50 bicycle crunches
This will continue for the next two weeks (repeated three times a day). Three weeks after the surgery I may start swimming and biking with a stationary bike. I will emphasize the latter. Swimming suck due to too many hours spent with aqua running. Walking/running will follow after 6 weeks after the surgery. I'm really looking forward to wake up on October 25th.

No comments: