8/24/2010

I'm on a break

I've temporarely discontinued my close relationship with Trek. I have to give some mercy for my knee only because I cannot renew my whole left leg during the highly likely operation. Tomorrow there is, however, a chance to ride a 10km time trial, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to change my status as cyclist from recreational mental worker to competitive slow fart. I already tested 10km on my ride on Thursday (16:11) and on Saturday (16:00). Maybe the potential change would be too expensive for my life. Still, the only sport I'd like to continue is....... suprise........ running!

I'm really excited about that fact that Josphat Menjo (the Kenyan who rolled 5000m in 12:55 by himself) is trying to break USA's Chris Solinsky's WL (26:59,60) in our backyard (Paavo Nurmi Stadium) on this Sunday. Local newspaper had a story about him - he left Finland on Sunday and flew to Kenyan to make final preparations in high altitude. He said that if everything goes ok, he'll enough fit to his own personal pacemaker. Actually, there is NO Finnish distance runner to pace himself further than 3km.

No comments: