6/08/2010

Revenge

Sunday's extremely nice but exhausting bike ride has now its revenge. The "muscular system" around my right hamstring/buttock area is paying the dues for being that happy. That's a good add to the problems on my left leg/butt. But I don't care about that - mind is still happy!

Anyway I sneaked out for a short run (4 miles) today just to keep myself updated where I'm at right now. Dont' worry, I'm not doing this every or every other day like in the old days. Last time when I ran was in Iceland 1,5 weeks ago. But back to today: The current situation is not worse which is nice. Maybe that's why I did 3 hill repeats. Funny thing is that left butt does not hurt when I run uphill.

But being this desperate usually creates bad ideas. This time is not different: I've been thinking about aqua jogging. In 2004 after I did the 6 hrs really unofficial Finnish national (nowadays ex-) record (the longest aqua run) I have totally disliked the feeling of pool water on my skin. If I would dip myself in a pool, I would vomit for sure. Instantly.

By the time of NR I was in a middle of 7 months break off running due to more serious injury. Currently I'm only fighting the demons (and sprained muscle) so why bother. I still have my bike, sore butt and a conference in Lausanne (SUI) to attend.

Oh and today NCAA's finals start in Eugene, OR. Among other interesting events I'm rooting for Joonas Harjamäki (a Finn) in men's steeple. Go and dominate!

No comments: