12/31/2009

Happy New Year 2010!

Today - at last - I had time and guts to do the last workout of this year. Weather changed into cold (5F) slippery mode during the night so the roads were again less-than-optimal for "fast" pace. Nevertheless, I found myself running the first workout since 10/30. I did only 4x3 min. tempo reps (you gotta start from somewhere) and even if the pace varied only from 5.50 to 5.30/mile, I felt pretty happy after the workout.

This month was again little less (230 miles) than I could hope for but this month has been the most bizarre time of my life fulfilled with mixed emotions and the agony caused by resignation from the friends in the US. I sure miss you guys! Year's mileage was 2888 so I missed my goal by 112 miles. Maybe Mark or Mr. Wardian could still do it before NYE, but I can't. And it's just fine.

Anyway, I'm about to start my fourth decade of running (80s, 90s, 00s and now 10s...)!

Happy New Year! Keep on running.

No comments: