10/05/2009

Where's the spinach?

Army Ten Miler went mostly like I expected, but I was 60 seconds slower than I hoped for. Left hamstring and gluteus are now pretty much done, and accordingly left leg went almost dead after the first "hill" close to legendary Watergater hotel. After than it was really hard to keep the pace up. In addition to not being in PR-shape, this kind of defect slows me down too much.

Now it is sure that IF I once more want to feel fast, I'll have to start to do some serious strength training. It's the aging that is not avoidable even if you would eat spinach!

But the race itself was nice. Even if the course is not as flat as Cherry Blossom, it is pretty neat to start and finish at the Pentagon. After ATM we drove down to Fountainhead Park in Virginia and MTB'ed there almost 3.5 hrs. Today I'm going to run at all, since left hamstring is too sore.

No comments: