7/01/2009

Slow Wednesday

Damn, I hate humidity. Despite of disliking it, it provides me an excellent excuse for slow and laborious tempo run which I just finished. HR was way higher than earlier, while the pace was almost 10 seconds slower per km. Not even one stride that I took was easy today. Of course I should blame myself more than external factors. Early morning, low level of fluids, not enough energy... should these be taken into account before I start to accuse circumstances for not-so-good flow. Or am I already on a downward spiral even if I haven't yet really started to train?

In the evening I sneaked out for a 10-miler on trails. Ran slower than ever. Just because...

In addition to the day of Independence, weekend brings some interesting events. On Friday the legendary Bislett Games will take place in Oslo, Norway. Then on Sunday my buddy Mika is doing an Ironman in Austria.

No comments: