6/08/2009

Next season

Today I'll start a new training season for Philly's Distance Run and Army 10 Miler. The first steps of this training cycle will be rather careful and slow (like 800s between 2.35-2.40 and 2k repeats @ 6.45-7.00), but I have to be realistic with my current shape. Anyway I'm really looking forward to this last summer in the US. It will offer me some hot and humid miles. And some serious grinding.

Morning jog was an easy 4 miler. In the afternoon I'll step on track.

And the beginning of the next season wasn't that bright. I dropped out after third 800m. Just because. Due to this temperature, of which I or my body has not yet any clue, running felt like stepping on a mat of warm clue. If I remember correctly, this the fourth time when I have quitted my workout during the 20 years of running. Maybe it isn't the last time.

6 comments:

Jason said...

What is ATM?

Jason said...

Oh, Annapolis?

Ste said...

Army Ten Miler.

Ste said...

But I'd be happy with A10 as well. Both are on hot days for sure...

moguli said...

Come on, stop whining :D It's about +5°C here in Finland, hrrr... Tsemppiä treeneihin!

Ste said...

Thanks M. What comes to running nowadays, whining is all I have.