4/22/2009

A sheep in black clothes

That's me. Boston really got me. But at least I tried. 2.5 weeks ago I gave up the whole idea of running this one, but I tried. Time did not matter - it sucks - since after all I left to Boston just to finish. Luckily, I did it. Instead of writing splits onto my arm, I wrote "JUST RUN". And that helped me twice. I was actually happy when I reached the finish. That on the other hand means that my days in this distance are most likely over. With this kind of legs, mind and anti-competitive spirit I'm done with 26.2. I did not respect enough the course nor my injury not to mention my shape. Even if in February thing were rolling okay, the misfortune couple weeks before the race made it quite clear that there was no easy way out.

Boston is a unique race which requires dedicated training. All the support one may ever want is there. During the whole 26.2 miles. Think about that! If training is done to keep your legs going on those damn hills after 16 miles of downhills/rolling hills, then you will fly the rest of the way. Last 5 miles were downhill and really great for many, I think. But as of now my legs are really beaten up even if I didn't fly.

Next up... I dunno.

2 comments:

Luca said...

bravo Pekka!!
greatings from Germany!
did u read about Cheruyot, he was unlucky, and could not even finish the race, appearently they had to carry him to the closest hospital...
u finished!!
carpe diem!

Ste said...

Thanks Luca.