4/05/2009

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

On last Monday I didn't have a slightest idea if I'll be able to race today or not. On Tuesday I felt better and therefore in the evening I decided than I should give a try. So today I should be happy about being able to finish this 10-miler. Partly I am , but on the other hand not.

First 2 miles were tough, because I didn't have any touch on the right pace (didn't have any goal other than finishing the race). Engine was not sparkling enough and breathing was hard. I saw Randy and Carlos in the distance as well as a huge group of GRCers was in sight. Then at the 3 mile mark I saw Izzy flying... After getting some sort of clue on the pace, I started to realize that I'm really gutless, running with no fire and ambition. Sissy miserable dude on a run. That's not a good way to race. Accordingly, during the last mile I was an easy catch, another back to be outpaces like eating ice cream. But after all, I finished the race by 56.23 (5.38/mile) which is over a minute faster than last year (but a minute slower than in Club Challenge in Feb). However, several runners that have been behind me lately, were now way ahead. Once again that's a good lesson. But this is it. I'm just plain happy for being back after the injury.

Boston is a mystery, but I'm gonna be there.

Oh and weekly total was 54.

No comments: