2/22/2009

Club Challenge

Today we had the annual RRCA 10M Club Challenge here in Columbia. I got a bit too nervous before the race. Maybe that's because of I haven't raced so much lately. My aim was to run faster than last year. Thinking at this point it was too low goal, since I improved my time by 2 minutes. I ran 55.20 (5.32/mile) which means that I IMPROVED my PR from Broadstreet by 5 seconds(!). The margin between I and Izzy was less than 0.5 seconds... He did it again, but I'm happy for him. He's surely coming back!

Carlos ended up with 2nd place, Tom was 3rd and we were on 5th and 6th place. In all, I'm happy with the race, the cruising pace and with the feeling on hills. Maybe the eight mile was too slow, but ... I don't care. The course is not fastest, but it's a course. Weekly mileage was only 58 with one active rest day.

No comments: