12/08/2008

Chilly Monday

Monday started with an easy shake off run. Today I gotta run faster tempo run (that was supposed be yesterdays race) already during early afternoon, since in the evening we are invited to celebrate the 91th Finnish Independence Day (which actually was already on Saturday) at the Finnish Embassy in D.C.


I'm back (the update this blog...) from "faster" tempo run. I ran steady 5k on the Bagel Run course (between mile 1 and 4.1) in time 16.45 (~5.24/mile). I'm quite happy with that except that same hamsting/buttock pain from last December is back. There is only one (or maybe two) four letter word to describe that one. But still, I'm happy. And 36.

2 comments:

Kent Werner said...

Great pic. Good to see you out there, Pekka. 60 miles! Very respectable. Maybe we'll get out there this Saturday?

Ste said...

Kent! Nice to hear from you again! Saturday sounds ok. On Sunday I'll race in D.C. so let's keep the pace undefined???