11/02/2008

Run Through the Grapevine

The buzz around this race is enormous. Words like brutal, fun, different, extreme and just tough have come up in the related discussions. And man, they were not wrong. I have had some tough races, but this one is really something. As an excuse I was carrying "oh well, it's only three weeks after 26.2" -badge on me, and so I did not expect any wonders to happen. But one did. I was almost getting beaten by Mr. Lang, but I was somehow able to gain same speed during the last 1/2 mile. Otherwise the race was all of those adjectives describing it, and it was after all really fun. I was silently hoping for 6.00 pace but I ended up with 30.35 (6.07/mile). Oh, and there was also one big, special moment to be witnessed during the awards ceremony...

No comments: