11/15/2008

AC/DC!

When you sit yourself in the backseat, have your spikes in your bag, race singlet ready, and then driver (in this case Tom) switch on AC/DC, that's it. Just like in the old days. I'm not sure what's my relationship with AC/DC today (I will miss their show this evening in DC!!!), but I tell you that on almost every race trip in 90s we had that same thing going on. Some Whole Lotta Rosie and Let There Be Rock spiced up with TNT, Sin City, Highway to Hell, and of course finalizing the spirit with that "newer" piece Thunderstruck. Damn I sometimes miss those days... so big thanks to you Tom!

And then race. I did not have any specific goal for today, since I'm still coming back from that marathon disaster. But XC is anyway different thing compared to road race. My only option was to start easy with 5.30s, and that's what I did. Yet that pace was still a bit too rough for me, and that story has only one ending. But I was able to keep myself in a reasonable range to Tom, Carlos, and Izzy. I catched Izzy and Carlos, but Izzy taught me at the finishing straight. In all the race was the most fun. The course included rolling hills, grass, mud and windy back straight. Today was 8 miles (oh and that 8k took 29.34... while the winner timed 26.03).



No comments: